Vik Records Mono 1957 Cover Taped On Top
Cabaret singer and musical theater star Julie Wilson was born in Omaha, NE, in 1924, the daughter of Russell Wilson, a coal salesman, and Emily Bennett Wilson, who became a hairdresser. She displayed an interest in theater and music in her youth and began singing with local bands at the age of 14. She enrolled at Omaha University, majoring in drama with a minor in music, but dropped out when she successfully auditioned to replace an ailing performer in a road tour of the musical revue Earl Carroll's Vanities that had come to town. She stayed with the tour six months, leaving when it got to New York in the spring of 1943.
In New York, she embarked on a career as a nightclub singer that led to engagements at prestigious clubs such as the Latin Quarter and the Copacabana......
1. My Old Flame - Julie Wilson, Coslow, Sam
2. You Don't Know What Love Is - Julie Wilson, Raye, Don
3. These Foolish Things - Julie Wilson, Marvell, Holt
4. When Your Lover Has Gone - Julie Wilson, Swan, Einar A.
5. What Is This Thing Called Love? - Julie Wilson, Porter, Cole
6. Just Like a Man - Julie Wilson, Nash, Ogden
7. Baby Won't You Please Come Home - Julie Wilson, Warfield, Charles
8. They Can't Take That Away from Me - Julie Wilson, Gershwin, George
9. Street of Tears - Julie Wilson, Meyer
10. You Forgot to Remember - Julie Wilson, Berlin, Irving
11. Why Remind Me - Julie Wilson, Tauber, Doris
12. It's Easy to Remember - Julie Wilson, Hart, Lorenz